Thursday, August 23, 2012

New, New, New

Things are changing. 


A.
We have a new, beautiful nephew, Hudson Dennis Hill. He was born last thursday and is as perfect as they come. We are already in love with him!



B.
Shawn has a few things going on for his future, but nothing final yet, so we will wait to finish this part!


C.
 When I started out as a nurse I had a list of things in my head that I really wanted... they are as follows.

1. To work in PEDS, specifically at Children's Mercy. (FYI: I applied only to 2, yes 2, positions in the KC area as my schooling was coming to an end. This was at a time when people were having so much trouble finding jobs they were applying to literally dozens of different jobs and different hospitals/clinics/doc's offices/jails/county health depts, and so on. 2....)

2. To work in an ER. The fast pace, the numerous different things you get to see, the noise and movement and excitement. If you know me at all, you know this is what I L.O.V.E. You are also aware that I walk fast, talk fast and definitely talk LOUD! This poses a slight problem working on the floor in the middle of the night. People like to sleep. I am great about being quite in my actual patient's rooms (in fact, a pet peeve is when someone is loud in my kiddo's room when they are sleeping) but it's when I am talking to others-- I tend to get excited. And loud. The ER has the perfect remedy for that. Everyone is awake. Plus, who wouldn't want to start IVs all day and see cool, gross things come in- yes, that is the sick and twisted nursing mind at work. We love those things that most would find hard to stomach.

Well, that pretty much concludes my list. Fairly straight forward. Peds. ER.

I was more than blessed to get my job on 4ST at Children's Mercy. The kids with open heart surgery, liver transplants... exciting stuff for nurses. We like the kids that make us think hard. Plus, I work with such an awesome group of nurses! I have met some of my closest friends on this floor. And they are the ONLY group of nurses I will fully trust with my unborn children. Really! I sure hope I can make requests years down the road for my sick kid to be on this floor, 'cause it will happen.

That being said, I can still happily say that I accepted a position in the Children's Mercy ER! I start in less than 3 weeks and I am so excited! I am going to miss my 4ST girls a t-t-t-ton, so they better all keep hanging out with me ;)  But I know I will love the ED and I am ready to start a new chapter.

Big changes are coming.

And my heart is so very happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment