Saturday, November 3, 2012

Random Thoughts

Today has been filled with random thoughts.... here are a few:

-This is how I feel right now! Sick, tired, but not totally down. Add a few empty Puffs Plus boxes in the mix. I think she might actually look better than me though.

Have you ever started getting sick and decided you would not allow it to happen. That's how I felt three days ago.... upon realizing the cold coming on I went straight to CVS and bought Mucinex. Ps- have you ever taken this? It's a (very expensive) miracle drug for congestion. I really thought it was the answer. Wrong. It helps some during the day, but my somewhat sleepless nights have been filled with a stuffed up yet runny nose, coughing, and holding my head over my Vicks Vapor Rub Humidifier that I have set up by my bed. To top it off, I think the coughing did something to my ear drum because this morning it hurts with any semi-loud sound I hear. Well, it could be worse.

-I realized looking in the mirror today that I am pale. Then I noticed I still have tan lines... and I have a ways to go.

-Suposebly (yeah, let's not worry about the spelling of that) is not a word. Yes, I already know this. But a certain person said it to me the other day. And it still makes me chuckle to think about them actually saying this. And cry a little.

-I just really would like a weekend by the beach soon. Maybe another girls weekend trip should happen since there are a few of them I don't get to see too often. This cold weather is already getting to me. And it has just started cooling down. Ugh, I am truly not meant to live in this weather.

-Dave's surprise 60th bday party was last night and it was a ton of fun! I'm glad he is my bonus-dad and I'm happy to get to celebrate with him and our family and friends.

-I am getting no less than 3 political ads in the mail daily. That's a lot of wasted trees.

-I had a little boy ask me the other day what music I liked. He then told me, "I listen to K-Love. It's my favorite station, because I am a Christian." My first thought were "how sweet" and "I'm glad he says that with such conviction at such a young age." Then he continued, "My second favorite is Eminem." He let me know his album has no cuss words in it, clearly a Walmart version, which is good. But the contrast between the two is drastic. And a bit humorous.

-Starting out a conversation with "how many can I have until I black out?" is not the smartest thing in the world... and neither are you for that matter.

That concludes my random thoughts... they are a bit boring. But they're what today has given me.




No comments:

Post a Comment