Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This blog is for my Mom.

Now, I am so very blessed to have more people than I can believe that have helped play a role in my life that is similar to a mom. I have a wonderful Bonus-Mom, lovely grandmothers, and sweet, sweet aunts that have helped shape me. But... for Mother's Day this year, I want to thank my Mom.

I know, I know, we ALL LOVE our mothers. But sometimes I really do think mine is the best (sorry I'm not sorry about that one).

Here's a short list of why:

-My Mother raised us off of a single salary as an administrative assistant when we were growing up

-I cannot think of anything that I needed that I did not receive

-I can think of nothing I wanted that I did not receive (let's be honest, I'm sure there were some things as a youngin' that I wanted, but no one needs every single Malibu Barbie and her entire beach house anyway!)

-My Mom helped with my little brother's boy scouts as a Pack Leader (that's right, right?) and though she lovingly dragged me to every family day at boy scout camp (a true task, I'm sure), it was worth it to see her dedication to raise my brother to be the wonderful man he is today

-My Mom came to Every. Single. Thing. that I was involved in. "Sure, moms do that," you might say, "they support their kids."  And you would be right... except, most moms come to most of their children's things. Sometimes, they skip to deep clean the house or make a week's worth of dinners (or crazy things along those lines). My Mom came to it all. Dance recitals, cheer events (i.e. football games, basketball games, soccer games, competitions, the works), awards ceremonies, orchestra concerts. There was not ONE SINGLE THING she did not attend

-My Mom raised us to know right from wrong. Did I make mistakes in this department growing up? Heck yeah. But it was to no fault of hers. Mostly, my own stubborn stupidity

-My Mom raised us to be humble about what we have. To know that not everyone in this world has even an inkling of the family, friends, and life that we do

-My Mom raised us to be kind... to treat others how you would want to be treated

-My Mom raised me to know that I am worthy. I am worthy of someone's time and effort. I am worthy of gracefully receiving the things in life that I have worked towards. I am worth of the truth. And, most importantly, I am worthy of someones unconditional love

-My Mom raised us to love God

And really, is there anything better that a mother can do than that? I think not.

I think I could list things on and on, but you get the point. My Mom is simply amazing. I can only pray that I am half the mom she has been.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Thank you for raising us with such love :)

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment