Sunday, April 6, 2014

The frustrating thing is....

I could have titled this Foster Parenting 101.2, but really, anything with the word "FRUSTRATING" in it seems to fit better.

"Well, we have cancelled our April class. Our May class has been moved back to the beginning of June... possibly. Oh, but the June class is scheduled to start. However, we may cap off the number of people/couples that can attend that both of those. We are giving priority to people that want older children. That means you guys might not be able to start either of those."
"Do you have an idea of what day of the week they will be?"
"Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday. We don't have any Wednesday or on the weekend! Does that help? We are just very busy."

Actually, no. Ok, well yes, since I have no say in the matter. But really, no. (Commence the toddler tantrum throwing visual in my head)

That was my phone call last week.

I have never been a case worker or social worker. I have NO IDEA what their jobs entail in a foster setting. I am absolutely sure that they are BUSY! Thus, this blog is not about them and their lack of time. I respect all that they do.

But holy cow!

I am blessed to work in a great ED setting, but that obviously means that I am constantly aware of the kiddos that come in needing emergency foster placement. That could be us! We could be helping that baby. If only...
 



2 comments:

  1. Remember dear one, you are not dealing with your time frame or the social workers, but God's! He is putting you in the right time and place to help and love the Ones that need you most.. Your work in the ER will touch many lives and your presence there alone sends each one love even when they are not in your direct care. Heb 11:1 and know God is in charge of your path and it is Perfect!. Love and Light, Smooches and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to hear! Thank you and love you too!!

    ReplyDelete