Monday, April 16, 2012

Materials not included

Today, I decided to make a trip to Hobby Lobby. My goal: make something pretty that can be used (or possibly used) in the wedding. My outcome: a bag full of supplies I cannot use in the least right now. Why would one go all the way to HL-- which in Houston involves a 45minute drive in traffic one-way-- for nothing??
Well, I came across a DIY blog  (one of the many in my search for DIY wedding decor) and decided that I wanted to make this particular product. I scrolled down to the "Materials Needed" section, snapped a photo, and headed out the door. It wasn't until I was home that I fully read each step, including the step stating, "Now set your sewing machine to..." Wait, what?? Sewing machine?  I feel that an entire MACHINE would be a good material to list. There goes that idea...
That failed attempt gave me some extra time to think about the face that I only have two more weeks here. This is very bittersweet! The bitter: I love my roomies and my co-workers. It seems like my life down here should just flawlessly flow into my life in Kansas City. But it doesn't. The sweet: I get to be home, with Shawn and family and friends (and our puppies of course).
I made a much needed to call to my Great-Aunt Diane. She lives about an hour north and with being so busy, I have yet to make time to visit her. We set up a date for this Sunday, my only weekend day off till I go home, for lunch and day date. I am excited for that! Connecting with family is always wonderful.
Other than that and work, I have to pack next week, babysit one day, and spend some roomie time before I go. My Momma is flying in on my last day here and we are going to visit her cousin in Austin before heading home. This journey is almost over... and I'm ready to start the next one! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Wow only 2 weeks left!? You are more than welcome to use my sewing machine for your project when you are back in KC! I love to be crafty (or try to at least!) so if you ever need an extra set of hands with wedding projects just let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I might actually take you up on those offers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for you to be home. For some reason, I cry at everything your write. Obvously I'm glad you didn't go away to too far to college. See you in 12 days.

    ReplyDelete