Thursday, April 26, 2012

The final lap

One week. 
One week until my contract is fulfilled and I am back in KC.
This past week has been actually pretty eventful! I went to see my Great-Aunt Diane who lives in Willis, TX- about 45mins north of my house down here. What a great day! We hung out, chatted, went shopping and grabbed lunch down in The Woodlands, and had a lovely day! It was great to get to know her and I really felt sad when I left that she does not live closer.

I went to the benefit show/art show for Not For Sale to raise money for the fight against human trafficking, which my beautiful cousin is on the team for.
I went to Hobby Lobby (yes, again... we are now on a nickname kinda basis, from this point on it shall by referred to as simply the Hob) to get more craft supplies. This time I somehow made a decent fabric flower when I got home... the stem could use a little rehab, but in my defense it was pretty late and I really wanted to just get it over with at that point. Nevertheless it came out quite well. I have a ton of fabric that I might be experimenting with in between packing.


 BUT.... How sad is it to leave all of these great people in Houston?!?
      And boy, have there been some great ones!
                
         Here are a few of my faves (in no particular order):

                                                     
                                                           




    Oliver, Elliot, and Lochlan
    The cute little boys I helped babysit! Seriously cute! (Oh and they are currently learning the art of eating with utensils... hence the mac&cheese/yogurt faces!)
Roomies! Holy cow. These three ladies will stay in my heart forever! Thank you guys for everything- being there for me, sharing your space, and most importantly your lives with me! It has been more fun than I could have imagined and I will miss you so much!

 

 TCH gals! I have been so very blessed to get to know such a wonderful group of women! Having you guys made this transition so much easier! Thank you for including this short-term gal in your plans and in your lives!






   We may have been a little loopy at this point!

  





Tomorrow is my last day off before I leave! How crazy!  I will definitely be glad to be *home* and see all of my loved ones, but I did not expect to meet SO MANY great people here!

Can't I just wrap everyone up in a pretty ribbon and send them home as a gift?!? Please?









4 comments:

  1. I know you will miss the ones you met in Houston. But we in KC will be SSSOOOOOOO glad to have you back home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you wrap me up in a pretty ribbon! We can go get one this weekend at The Hob. Much love, KD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to see you guys, too! KT- that sounds good, I actually have some of a variety of colors at the house, waiting to be tied into a little bow!

    ReplyDelete