Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday, January 14th- Time's a tickin'


6 days and counting until I leave for Houston. Holy cow, 6!
I feel like I have so much to do before I go (which is kind of right, because last week, which was dedicated to getting all of it done, ended up being interrupted by my PALS, aka pediatric advanced life support, class that I was informed at the lat minute I had to take) and not nearly enough time to do it.

I hope to finish my paperwork tonight while I have some downtime at work. Then I have finish getting my house together, buy Royal Blue scrubs that are required for the job, dinner with my Mom and Dave's side and some friends Monday night, lunch with my bf Mal Tuesday, dinner Tuesday with Shawn and his wonderful family and date night following, getting my hair done Wednesday morning, working my last shift Wednesday night, and dinner with my Dad's side Thurday night! In the middle of all of this I will be packing any spare chance I get! Yikes.

I will going to Houston and staying with my cousin, Lauren. It's been upwards of 10years since we have seen each other, so long I don't actually remember when the last time was! We keep talking about me visiting her, but time can be a bit hard to come by these days. So you can imagine my excitement when I found out my assignment could possibly be in the very city she lives in! She just moved to what looks in photos be an awesome house in a great part of Houston. And the area is less than ten miles from the hospital!

Speaking of which... the hospital. Texas Children's Hospital, aka one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation! I am a bit confused about the type of floor I am on, so I will have to update you on that when I get there, but I do know that it is a brand new floor they are opening. So that means top of the line, new equipment. Couldn't ask for more than that. It will be interesting to compare their hospital to what I consider my home, Children's Mercy.

Most of this is the easy part, the hard part is leaving everyone here.  My amazing family, wonderful boyfriend, friends, co-workers, and my children (yes, I consider my pets my children). It will be hard missing them all but I know I will come home when I get a chance. Plus, I am coming home before my vacation in March so at most a month and a half!  Facetime on my new iPhone and Skype will be my best friend! :)

Until the next post,
A nervous and excited peds nurse,
Kristin


3 comments:

  1. I guess I can't ignore reading this blog like I do my big sis' (Sorry amy;) ) We know you will have a great time in Houston and it will be a great experience. We will all miss you though that's for sure! Love you baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying already and you haven't even gone. I know it is an opportunity which I would not want you to miss. Yes, we are somewhat selfish wanting you to stay here. You go Baby Girl and have yourself some good experiences. We will be waiting for you to come home when you can. My prayers will continue for you that you will be happy and safe. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing....have so much fun....Ray's best friend wad a traveling nurse and loved it. Having a brand new unit is awesome. Have fun and enjoy each day. It's such a short time forget about missing everyone, they will be waiting. JUST LIVE LARGE AND BE HAPPY AND BE THE AMAZING GIRL YOU ARE.


    Sarah Zedler

    ReplyDelete