Friday, January 27, 2012

Week one... complete

Make it through week one... check.
I did it, made it through training and two of my three orientation days. The hardest part is just remembering all of the forms and buttons I have to click on for each patient. They write notes for rounds and notes for when they arrive and notes for when they are DC'd. But a lot of what they do, Mercy does, just a different way. The patient load is about the same, the most I have had is 5 pts. A lot of the kids are there for more of an observation, so by the end of the day I have usually discharged at least one pt, it not more, and received at least one.
The nurses are awesome! I am so blessed to work somewhere that everyone is so nice. They get along well and joke around.  So that, coupled with the fact that it takes me 20mins to get to the campus and I am not paying $70/month in parking fees now, makes this an awesome job!
I don't have much of an update for you besides that because I was so busy all week. The only thing left is that we are one week in and I am homesick. I miss everyone so much, but I know it will get better. I am loving hanging out with Lauren and her friends, so that definitely helps. She has a great group of people down here, so it is nice to feel so included coming right into things.
It's a beautiful day here in Houston, hopefully I can get out and enjoy it some!
Till next time,
Kristin

1 comment:

  1. yay! 1 week down! You could add a countdown ticker to your blog that will tell you how many days you have left!

    ReplyDelete