Wednesday, January 18, 2012

T minus 2 days

Less than two days to go. I finally started packing. Yesterday, as I was reading the second installment of The Hunger Games, Byron asked me if it was more important than packing. Yes. It was. *Side note: if you have not read the books, you should. They are an easy read and pretty good. I hear some schools are even using them to replace Lord of the Flies as required reading* But not today, seeing that today is the last day I really have any time around my house. So I packed my clothes and most of my "get ready" things like hair products and makeup. All that is left really is shoes (No, I won't be taking a million of them, just the ones I need... mostly) and the last minute things like my toothbrush and pillow, camera and laptop.
After I got my hair done this morning Shawn went with me to run some much needed errands. To claim my personal property for this year, drop off my tax return, run to Target for some little things I needed, to the beauty store, and a quick stop to say hi to my Mom.
I don't think it has really hit me. Three months seems like such a short time, but I am sure it will seem longer when I get there. Just not yet. It helps that I will probably try and come home in Feb, already will be home in March for vacation, and then only a month after that until the assignment is finished. Then again, maybe it will fly by!
Tonight consists of working my last shift, for a while at least, at Children's. I am going to nap in the morning then go use my Groupon 90 minute massage I bought a while back... Ahhh.... Then to dinner with my Dad and his side of the family. I am going to try and get some sleep Thursday night before the drive down. It's about 13 hours and Shawn and I are driving straight through, no use in stopping really. We will be exploring my new, temporary home and finding my way around a bit this weekend. It will be nice to spend time together, plus he will get to meet Lauren!
I will continue to keep you updated!
Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment